Saturday, September 1, 2012

Callum & Harper by Fisher Amelie

I have to admit this book made me tear up a little bit, it really pulls on your heart strings but I loved every minute of it. When I wasn't pulling out the tissues I was laughing my butt off. Both characters are very sarcastic and have great personalities that you will fall in love with!!

Callum Tate and Harper Bailey have been forced out of the foster care system by the "eighteen disease", with no where to go, they both turn to their social workers for help. While sitting in the waiting room hoping for a miracle they start to notice each other.

Callum:
"I was sitting next to one of the most beautiful girls I'd ever seen in my entire life. She was so intriguing, I could actually feel the sweat dripping down the back of my neck at the effort it was taking to keep from staring at her." (Squeeee don't you just love him already)

Harper:
"Oh my God, I think I just melted a little bit into the floor. The guy I'd been sitting next to that entire time was bona fide swoon worthy".

Callum has been at this for a while and has a couple of jobs he works, he is starting college in the fall and has friends that give him a place to stay sometimes. Harper is new to all of this, in fact this is her first day being homeless and has no idea what to do or where to go. After, they were both placed on a waiting list for a home and sent on their way with only $100.00 from the state, they decide to help each other out.


“One day, you and I are gonna’ wake up and be alright. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but one day. One day. I promise you.” - Callum Tate


Callum gets Harper a job at the places he works and they form a plan to save as much money as they can and get a place together. They say it's to help each other out and look out for one another but they are both fighting feelings, scared to tell the other one how they feel for fear they will mess up their friendship.

Throughout the whole book they are falling in love with each other and fighting these feelings. Each time they get ahead something happens to knock them back. Then there is the matter of this crazy stalker from Harper's past that will stop at nothing to have her.

Check out Callum & Harper at amazon.com or barnesandnoble.com for $2.99



No comments:

Post a Comment