Saturday, January 12, 2013

Tasting Never by C.M. Stunich

Dysfunctional is putting it mildly when talking about this book. It's all about sex, lies, tortured souls and a beautiful friendship despite it all. I fell in love with Never and Ty from the beginning and their stories broke my heart. Both of them have tragic pasts that they can't seem to overcome, they try to compensate for what they are missing with dysfunctional past times. This book is an emotional roller coaster. C.M. Stunich I praise you for writing such an AMAZING book, you have truly captivated me.

Never Ross goes through life trying to feel numb. She is all alone, no real friends other than her roommate and the only family she has, she ran away from. Her past haunts her at night and she cries herself to sleep. Whenever her emotions start to get the best of her she finds a random guy for a random meaningless hookup. She doesn't date nice guys, she doesn't really date at all, just moves from one guy to the next to help ease her pain. She goes out to a bar one night with her roommate and meets a really HOT guy who turns out to be a jerk. Ty McCabe. Never leaves the bar glad she will never see him again. Ty McCabe found out real quick that he doesn't like Never Ross, but when they are both thrown together in an impossible situation they realize they need each other. After that night, it's like they are drawn to each other, life seems easier when they are together. Never realizes in order to continue their friendship she needs to share her past with Ty, a past she has never shared with anyone. They both share a secret, one that can tear them apart or bring them closer. Can they overcome their fears and help each or will they turn their backs on each other and walk away continuing their struggle alone.
 
Excerpt:
Ty's hot mouth is on my neck, and I find myself taking short, sharp, little breaths as I press my shaking hands to his chest. If I sleep with him again, I'll be making the biggest mistake of my life. He's the first real friend I've ever had, and I don't want to cheapen the feelings that are simmering between us. We made that mistake once before, and we survived. We've been through a lot since then, and I know that if I lose him now, I will never be whole again. Ty is my other half, lover or no, and just being around him is enough for me.
“Ty,” I say, trying my best to sound stern. Instead, my voice comes out like a butterfly, flutters against Ty's hair and swirls it gently against my lips. I moan and find that my fingers are now curled in the fabric of his T-shirt.
“Never,” he says back to me, the word like fire against my skin. In those two syllables, I hear how he feels about me. He thinks he's in love. Ty McCabe thinks he's in love with me. He doesn't say it aloud, but I can tell. Sex isn't the best way for me to show my feelings; I've abused it for far too long that it has somehow lost some of its meaning. I try to tell Ty this, but I can't speak with his lips on my throat and his hand sliding across the nape of my neck.
I run my own hands down his chest and put them beneath his shirt, on the hard plane of his belly. His muscles contract as I press my fingers into them, touching, feeling, absorbing the man, the complication, that is Ty McCabe. All the while, my mind is racing in circles trying to talk me out of this.
“Kiss me,” Ty says and it's not a question, it's a request, albeit a gentle one. His voice is softer than I've ever heard it. His words are naked, stripped of all the bullshit
 

3 comments:

  1. I love this book. Everything you said was true. Her next work Finding Never will be out soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading book 2. If its anything like book 1 we are in for a wonderful bumpy ride =)

    ReplyDelete