Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pieces of Lies by Angela Richardson

 So, I finished this book a few days ago and it still has me reeling, it's taken me all this time to find the words to say just to write this review. I will start off by saying that I was captivated from the very beginning. I was all over the place with this book. It's full of lies, deceit, angst and rivalry. I second guessed everything someone said, looking more into it than was really necessary just trying to catch them in a lie. One chapter I was all for one character and the next chapter I was against them, I was back and forth throughout the whole book.
Norah
Norah Ross was forced to leave NYU and attend McLaren University for her last semester of graphic design. All of this is bearable since her long time best friend, Josh also attends this school. As part of the deal that she attend McLaren University, she is set up in her own apartment, has her own car and anything and everything she could possible want. She agrees to all of this and tries to put her past behind her and move on. She starts to wonder if maybe her friendship with Josh could be more, she has started to notice him in a different way and her feelings for him have started to change. She thinks that he shares these same feelings by the way he looks at her or holds her when he hugs her.
Josh
Josh is trying to get into McLaren University's Secret Society "Lappell". He agrees to take Norah to these exclusive Lappell parties in the hopes of taking their relationship to the next level. This plan backfires once Norah meets Clint Weston, the team leader of Josh's Lappell Group. Clint has a reputation of being a ladies man and Norah has all intentions to steer clear of him, but he has other plans. Clint will do anything to get her attention, she isn't like any other girl he's met. Norah has passion and goes for what she wants and doesn't care what anyone else says or thinks.
Clint
Both of these guys are after her heart and Norah doesn't know which way to go. Josh has known her most of her life and accepts her for who she is, past and all, but the connection she has with Clint is unlike anything she has ever experienced. Norah also has to deal with her past and the things she left behind as they start to intertwine with the present. Lies and deceit are uncovered and Norah doesn't know who to trust or who she can turn to. She wants to follow her heart but is what she feeling really love or has she been manipulated into having these feelings. THEN....we are left with a cliffhanger!!! I'm not sure I can wait for the next book. I thought I would be happy with the way it ended then Angela threw a monkey wrench in there and I was like a 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum, lol.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment