Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Shut Up and Kiss Me by Mahalia Levey

Shut Up and Kiss Me

This book is short and too the point. It’s entertaining and fulfilling. We get a lot of information in a very short period of time, but it doesn’t feel rushed. It flows nicely and kept me wanting more. There is room for the book to grow, we are introduced to many characters and the message from the end of the book (Be on the lookout for Kiss Me Like You Mean it) leaves me wondering which character will be in the next book. I think Carlie and Jackson need their own book…just saying, lol

There is loads of fun banter back and forth between Shea and Carrie. The bickering and flirting keep building and building until they finally get to that moment……but it takes a little while to get there because Shea refuses to give in on the first night---go figure! A hot rock star and he wants to take things slow!!

I think more of you than a quick piece of ass, carebear. If I wanted that I would have taken your drunken offer or approached you earlier myself months or even a few years ago.”

Okay, so let’s back up and start from the beginning. Carrie is on break from school and is working for her brothers band (score for me! I love books about bands!). After the show one night Carrie is embarrassingly drunk. Shea approaches her:

“Penny for your thoughts.”

Where the new beer in his hand came from, she didn’t have the slightest clue. So she said the words currently on the tip of her tongue. “Wanna fuck?”

Shea is a gentleman and doesn’t take her up on the offer. The next day he shows up at her brother’s house unannounced, she is immediately taken back to her actions of the previous night:

“Why is it that you’re only brave with a beer or four in you?” He brushed a finger down the side of her face. “What are you scared of?”

She doesn’t know what to do or say. They find themselves in a compromising situation when her brother enters.

“When I kiss you, and I will, we won’t be interrupted or in your brother’s house.” Shea turned to walk away. “Tell Garrick the demo is ready.”

“So that’s it? You’re leaving with things like this between us?”

“Darlin’ right now there is no us. There’s tension and mutual lust. I don’t play nice with others. Catch my drift?”

So we already know from before that Shea plans on taking things slow. It is sooooo worth it! When they finally get to…..the good stuff….the scenes are steamy….mega steamy!  Shea knows what he is doing and Carrie responds quickly to him.

If you are looking for a quick, entertaining, intense and steamy read, this is the book for you! I didn’t put it down all morning…..but don’t tell my boss, lol. Mahalia Levey is going on my awesome list, I can’t wait to read more from her!

No comments:

Post a Comment