Saturday, January 5, 2013

Forever My Girl (The Beaumont #1) by Heidi McLaughlin

Forever My Girl

I have wanted to read this for some time now. I bought it the day it released but have been so backed up on my other books that I am just now getting to it.

I was looking forward to the bad boy rock star romance that I thought would come of this book, but I was mistaken. It is so much more than that! Yes, Liam is a rock star, but the book doesn't thrive on that. We know Liam is a big shot, rock star and has made millions from doing what he loves, but that is about it. No rock star glamour, no crazy groupie sex stories, just a rock star going back home for the first time in 10 years to the life that he once lived for.

Here is Heidi's blurb, it is sure to pull you in even if my review doesn't:

I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after.

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile.

And now I’m going back.

After ten years.

I hope I can explain that after all this time.

I still want her to be my forever girl.
 


The book is intense from the beginning. I'm not one to read a book synopsis, I go based on what people say, so like I said, I thought I was going to be jumping into a bad boy rock star book, instead...I got heartache...angst...and almost turmoil. My emotions were running on high from the beginning. The death of Liam's close friend is what brings this on. It sends him into the past and makes him regret eveything he has done. Liam has to go home and pay his respects, but he is scared because of the mess he left behind.

She was my best friend and I let her slip through my fingers just to save myself from the heartach of hearing she didn't want me anymore. I had dreams too.

So Liam goes back to his hometown, Beaumont. It still like he remembers, he just hopes he can make it without being recognized. He wants to see Josie, but he doesn't want to stir up drama. This time isn't about him, it's about Mason and the time they lost because he was young and had a dream.

I won't lie, even though I was sad for Mason and his family I still couldn't wait for the reunion of Josie and Liam. I knew it would be intense, I just had no idea how intense it would be. Liam has no idea what he is about to walk into, and Josie doesn't know how she will ever face him and finally tell him the truth, something she should have done 10 years ago. Is it too late for them? Has Josie moved on? Will they be able to make it knowing that Liam walked out all those years ago, how can Josie be sure he won't do it again.

Everyone thinks Liam is in town and will be gone the next day, but then he makes a promise that he can't break.

"My name's Peyton. Will you watch football with me on Sunday?"

I look down at the little girl that is clearly all Mason with her Beaumont High football jersey on. "Hi Peyton, I'm Liam and I'd love to watch football with you."

So now Liam is in town, can Josie handle it?

I never thought I'd see the boy who stole my heart and failed to give it back. I'm not sure I want it back.

Ahhh, just go for it Josie!! He is clearly in love with you! Can't you see that!! I never wanted to hit Josie because I understood where she was coming from, but I did want to give her a hard push a few times. I mean really, your high school sweetheart is back, he is clearly still in love with you and come on, he has agreed to watch football on Sunday with a little girl because her daddy is gone and can't do it anymore. How sweet is that!!?

I'm looking forward to the 2nd book of the Beaumont Series, there is a snippet at the end of Forever My Girl, and if possible, I think it might be better than book 1.




No comments:

Post a Comment