Friday, January 25, 2013

Reaper's Property by Joanna Wylde

Just looking at this reminds me of the saying, Never judge a book by it's cover. It looks a little too harlequin romance for my taste but believe me when I tell you it's anything but. If you are into alpha males, bikers with tattoos and steamy hot sex then this book is for you! I wasn't sure what to expect, I never read the synopsis. I seen a lot of people talking about it and decided to give it a try and boy am I glad I did. I don't like to compare books because each book is different, but if you are a fan of Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley or Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan then you will LOVE this book. I had been in a book funk for a little while and had actually not read anything in about a week. I started this book and stayed up all night reading until I finished, needless to say the book funk is OVER!
Marie

Blurb:
Marie doesn’t need a complication like Horse. The massive, tattooed, bad ass biker who shows up at her brother’s house one afternoon doesn’t agree. He wants Marie on his bike and in his bed. Now.
But Marie just left her abusive jerk of an ex-husband and she’s not looking for a new man. Especially one like Horse—she doesn’t know his real name or where he lives, she’s ninety percent certain he’s a criminal and that the “business” he talks with her brother isn’t website design. She needs him out of her life, which would be a snap if he’d just stop giving her mind-blowing orgasms.
Horse
Horse is part of the Reapers Motorcycle Club, and when he wants something, he takes it. What he wants is Marie, but she’s not interested in becoming “property of”.

Then her brother steals from the club. Marie can save him by giving Horse what he wants—at home, in public, on his bike… If she’s a very, very good girl, she’ll get lots more of those orgasms only he can offer, and he’ll let her brother live.
Maybe.

I love Horse and the whole Reaper MC Family. They are bad ass and they take care of their own. I wasn't crazy about the nickname Horse at first, but then I found out why they call him that and well I learned real quick to appreciate that name..wink, wink! I was captivated from the very beginning, I love that we get the story from both Marie and Horse. When you only get the story from one main character, it always makes me wonder what the other was thinking in certain moments, well we get to read it in this book and I loved it! There was so much going on throughout the book, one thing after another, but it was very well written and didn't feel rushed. I was excited the whole way through, I couldn't wait to see what was gonna happen, but as I got to the last couple of pages I thought, Oh NO...I'm almost done and it will be over!!! Well, at least I can always go back and read it again and this is a book that I will definitely read again and again!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley - this is Joanna Wylde, the author. Thanks so much for reviewing my book! I love the video at the end... sometimes a girl just needs some butt rock, ya know?

    Jo ;)

    ReplyDelete