Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Truth About Letting Go by Leigh Moore

 
Ashley wants to smash everything in her once-perfect life.
Charlotte wants to walk in Ashley’s seemingly charmed shoes.
Colt wants to turn Smalltown USA on its ear—with Ashley at his side.
Jordan wants to follow his heart…
But Ashley’s the one sacrifice he never expected to make.
Up until now, Ashley Lockett’s followed the rules. She’s always done the right thing, played it safe, gone to church. Then her ideal life is torn apart when her dad dies suddenly. Now she’s miserable and furious, and she makes a vow not to believe in anything. She’s on a mission to do everything opposite of how she lived before—rejecting safety, the rules, faith…

And then she meets Jordan.
Jordan has big dreams, he’s a great kisser, and he wants to help her through her grief. He also believes in everything Ashley now claims to hate.
Then she meets Colt. He is not safe. And he’s ready to help Ashley fulfill her mission.
 
Review:
I loved this book so much, Leigh Moore never disappoints!! This book was an emotional and inspirational journey that I didn't want to end. My heart broke for Ashley and her family, I went through so many emotions dealing with her grieving process and some of the decisions she made and the relationships she formed. When she met Jordan, I loved him instantly. He is such a great guy and really wants to be with Ashley and help her, but she could possibly be his down fall. She has turned her back on everything he believes and wants out of life, she is no longer looking to be the good girl, she wants to break rules and do anything to make her not feel, she just wants to be numb. Enter Colt, the new HOT guy at school, the one who moved to town because he broke to many rules at his other school. He wants Ashley, for himself and to be his partner in crime. At first I thought I might like him, everybody likes the bad boy right???? Well this bad boy made me questions a few things, he was always up to something. From one page to the next I went from liking Colt to not liking him just to read a little more and like him again lol.  I had the same feelings towards her best friend Mandy, she didn't understand what Ashley was going through, one minute she was supportive then the next I felt like she wasn't trying to understand at all. Then there was Charlotte, I would've liked there to be a little more to the relationship between her and Ashley, but it ended up okay, Ashley needed her to be exactly who she was in order to become who Ashley needed to be. I would LOVE to have a follow up story to find out how things turn out in the long haul ;)

Contact Leigh Moore at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LeighTalbertMoore
Goodreads:http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6452152.Leigh_Talbert_Moore
 

2 comments:

  1. Ashley! You didn't tell me you posted this, and I LOVE this review! Thanks so much, guys! Several people have talked about a "sequel." I'll have to think about that! It didn't really occur to me~

    LOVE the "cast," too. Perfect~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the people you picked! Is that Allison from Pretty Little Liars? haha Great review.

    ReplyDelete