Monday, February 25, 2013

Broken by Christa Cervone

 
Synopsis:
According to Webster’s Dictionary the definition of the word Broken is violently separated into parts. SHATTERED.

Yup, that pretty much sums me up. How do I handle things? I find my answers at the bottom of a bottle of Tequila and sleep with random men.

How did I get this way? Well, four years ago I made a decision that cost me the love of my life. I can't undo what I did to drive Garrett out of my life. I haven't seen or heard from him in four long years. But he still haunts me in my dreams or should I call them nightmares at this point? No matter how much booze I drink and how many men I sleep with, nothing fills the void. I feel like I am existing but I’m not really living.

I’m trying to get my life back on track. Well that was until. . . . Garrett walked back into my life. His reappearance threw me into another tailspin.
How do I put the pieces of our broken hearts back together? All before he walks out of my life again... this time for good. Or am I simply destined to just be Broken?

 
Favorite Quotes:
 
Tequila was always my drink of choice as it was strong and got me drunk quickly. I had been using it as a Band-Aid to mend my broken heart for years.
 
"Garrett, please...I want you...I need you. My body longs for you." I said breathlessly...
 
 
Review:
 
Check out that cover, is it SEXY or WHAT?!?! We had the honor of receiving an ARC copy of Broken from the FABOLOUS Christa Cervone. So, Christa, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
 
Have you ever read a book that you 1. Read straight through without stopping, 2. Dreamed about the book that night, 3.Thought about that book for days? Well, that's what this book did to me. I was so wrapped up in this story that it stayed on my mind so much, I dreamed about it. Leila is self destructive, she will do anything to take away the pain, to not be broken. She just moves along in life making one bad decision after the other and that is why I love her. She is flawed, she struggles with the decisions she made in the past. It's real and raw and makes her more relatable. I love the chemistry between her and Garrett (he is based loosely on Alex Minsky's story, NOT AT ALL his biography, just bits and pieces). Speaking of Garrett, the man drips sex appeal and it's not hard to picture him as Mr. Minsky ;). I love the way they relate to each other, I love that the story bounces back and forth between the here and now and the past, giving us the history between them just at the right moments. Christa, darlin you get 5 out of 5 stars for this one and I can't wait for anything else you write.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment