Sunday, February 17, 2013

Inescapable (The Premonition #1) by Amy Bartol

Synopsis:
My name is Evie Claremont and this was to be the making of me--my freshman year of college. I had been hoping that once I had arrived on Crestwood's campus, the nightmare that I've been having would go away. It hasn't.

I may be an inexperienced seventeen-year-old, but I'm grounded...sane. Since meeting sophomore Reed Wellington, however, nothing makes any sense. Whenever he is near, I feel an attraction to him--a magnetic kind of force pulling me towards him. I know what you're thinking...that sounds fairly awesome. Yeah, it would--if he liked me, but Reed acts as if I'm the worst thing that's ever happened to Crestwood...or him. But, get this, for some reason every time I turn around he's there, barging into my life.

What is the secret he is keeping from me? I'm hoping that it is anything but what I expect: that he is not exactly normal...and neither am I. So maybe Crestwood won't be the making of me, but it could be the breaking of me. I have been left to wonder if the dark future my dream is foretelling is...inescapable.


My Thoughts:
This series has been recommended to me a few times. I am so glad that I was finally able to get around to it. It is very YA, but I am hopeful that some of that may change just a teeny tiny bit as the series progresses, lol.
 
I really liked the book, but still, something was missing for me. I didnt get that I can't put it down feeling, but I did still want to finish it and know what was going to happen next. I am anxious to start book 2 after the way book 1 ended. It wasn't a horrible cliff hanger or any thing, but it did leave me wanting more and ready to move on to book 2. Love triangles are always entertaining. The triangle in this book between Evie, Russell and Reed was still kind of left open at the end of book 1....I NEED to know what is going to happen to the 2 of them!! Not to mention the psycho that got away (not giving any names, lol). I MUST know what is going to happen next!
 
The romance in the book is immaculate (well, for me any way, it's not too over the top). I can sometimes get over whelmed with I have to read too much lovey dovey (Yes, I know I like romance books! I'm not crazy, lol). I like hard core, or just tell me that  the characters have feelings for one another or even subtle at some times; too much gush can really kill my mood. The attraction between the characters is well written. I didnt have to fish for it, I didnt have to fight for it. I knew exactly how each one felt and kind of why they felt that way. I coulnt know all about why they felt that way because it would have killed some parts of the book. The mysery of their feelings is what kept it going.
 
The book was not quiet 4 stars for me. I really feel like it is more like 3.75 stars, lol. It's almost 4, but not just there yet. Maybe as I read more of the series I will get there.

My Castings
 

No comments:

Post a Comment