Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pulled by Danielle Bannister

I have been in a bookie kind of funk lately. Nothing I am reading is grabbing me and holding me. I really think this is a case of "it's not you, it's me" in my book love life, lol. I can't say if I finally came out of the funk, or if Pulled was just that good, but I really enjoyed it! I didn't put it down all afternoon and am excited to move on to the second book.

I think I may be on a soul mate kick this week and didn't even know it. This is the 3rd book this week I have read that involves soul mates, or in this books terminology, Twin Flames. Pulled, was by far, my favorite of the soul mate books I have recently read. I just can't place what it was exactly that drew me to this book. I loved the characters, they were easy to like and easy to follow. The story line was awesome. There are a few typos, but that doesn't bother me, the writing was smooth other than the typos. So, I guess if you throw all of that together, it must be the reason why I couldn't put it down, lol.

Naya hasn't had a perfect life. She lost her parents at 13 and has lived with a foster family until she enrolled in college. She is alone on campus other than her controlling boyfriend who decided to follow her because he loves her......(I hate him!).

Great. Not only am I a freshman with no friends (because let's face it, boyfriends shouldn't count), I am also that girl; the one who is always early, eager, and ready to learn.

Naya is used to the numbness that she always feels. She never feels anything, until she meets Etash. When she sees him for the first time she gets this all over sensation that she can't explain. She is pulled to him.

"Whenever I'm... close to him, it's like someone has a rope tied around my waist and is pulling me to wherever he is, and I can't break free."

The book changes between the POV of Naya and Etash. When we read his POV we learn that he is also pulled to her. There is no explaining it, other than the tale his grandmother used to tell him of the Twin Flame, or soul mate. His grandmother believed that everyone has a Twin Flame and the flame will spend eternities searching until the other half is found.

Naya has always thought that she would be with Seth forever. She is used to him, and at time he is known to take away the numbness that becomes her. When she meets Etash she knows that Seth is nothing compared to him. Getting away from Seth may be harder that Etash realizes. He thinks Naya can just leave and be with him, what he doesn't realize is the abuse that Seth causes to Naya.

The ending almost killed me! I'm so glad there is another book. I could have lived if this were a stand alone, but just knowing there is more....that just makes my day!

This book stands between a 3.5 and 4 star for me. I really enjoyed it, couldn't put it down and had to know what was going to happen next. I connected with the characters and fell in love with the story. It's currently bargain priced for .99, what more could we ask for, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment