Monday, April 8, 2013

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Can you love someone too much? Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder. In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees. Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.

Blurb for Beautiful Disaster:
The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.
 
Find our review for Beautiful Disaster, HERE.
 
 
Walking Disaster Review:
Jamie McGuire is freaking brilliant!! I honestly didn't think that I could love Travis Maddox any more after reading Beautiful Disaster, BUT getting the story from his POV just proved I was wrong. In Beautiful Disaster you sympathize with Abby, you get upset with some of the decisions she made when she kept pushing Travis away but overall you understand why. In Walking Disaster, you find out his feelings and thoughts and you just want to punch Abby in the face. You forget her reasoning and it just makes you mad, or it did me anyways. It broke my heart and I'm not going to lie, I even cried a little bit over Travis's heartbreak. Melissa read it first and she told me that Travis will break my heart and I wasn't prepared for it even after she warned me, lol. Oh, and the Epilogue <3 <3 <3 PERFECT!!! Just writing this review makes me want to read both books again, even though I have read Beautiful Disaster numerous times already. It's a book that's just a good the 10th time you read it as it was the 1st time.
 
So I have searched EVERYWHERE for the PREFECT Travis Maddox and I have found a few that are close but they didn't quite measure up to what I had pictured in my mind until I found this guy (Above). He is the closest thing to the Travis Maddox in my head that I have seen. Leave a comment and tell me what you think!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment