Friday, April 19, 2013

Sliding Beneath The Surface [The St. Augustine Trilogy Book One] by Doug Dillon

*** ON SALE FOR $0.99 APRIL 1ST - APRIL 24TH ***


A new resident of America's oldest and most haunted city, St. Augustine, Florida, fifteen-year-old Jeff Golden suddenly finds himself up to his eyeballs in frightening paranormal experiences. At the end of his rope in trying to figure out what is happening to him, Jeff decides to rely on his friend Carla Rodriguez, and Lobo, an old Native American shaman, for help.

Despite this guidance, things get even worse. Jeff's spine tingling encounters increase in number and intensity at an alarming rate, scaring him even more. Eventually, he makes the startling discovery that unresolved circumstances involving a bloody event directly out of Florida's distant past threatens his sanity and possibly his life.

Finally, overwhelmed by forces he cannot understand or control, Jeff's world shifts from frightening to downright terrifying. In desperation, and on Lobo's advice, he leaps headlong into the unknown in order to save himself. What Jeff discovers though is that he has entered a level of reality he is completely unprepared to handle while unwittingly dragging Carla with him.
Like all the books in THE ST. AUGUSTINE TRILOGY, the premise
for Sliding Beneath the Surface is simply this: You create your own reality.


You can find it on Amazon, Goodreads and Barnes & Noble.

Teaser:
Without saying anything else, Lobo emerged into the dim light from the darkness to the left of the altar, walked briskly in front of the left-hand row of pews, and stood there with his bare arms crossed. He was dressed just as he was when I last saw him. Evidently he didn’t wear a jacket or coat no matter what the outside temperature might be.

I stared at him in amazement while taking deep breaths, trying to calm my pounding heart. Even though I suspected him of somehow being behind the appearance of that other Jeff, I never expected to see him there in the cathedral.

“You going to stand there all night?” he asked, breaking the silence of the place. “Or, are you going to come over here and talk to me?” The man’s deep voice again echoed throughout the cathedral as if he was using a microphone. For whatever reason, the chanting had stopped. Somehow, even in that low light level, the man’s eyes still glittered, but, it seemed, not quite as much as they had at his house.

The palms of my hands were so damp by that time I wiped them on my jeans. I looked all around, expecting someone from the church to come see who was making so much noise.

“Nobody here but us right now.” After speaking, Lobo sat down in the first pew closest to him and waved me over.

“Wait one freakin’ minute!” I yelled back at him, surprising myself. The shock of seeing the man there had worn off enough for me to challenge him. Sick and tired of whatever games he was playing, I yelled once more. “What about the kid who came in here a couple of minutes ago?”

“Oh him. Your twin’s not here anymore.”

“Oh, I’m sure,” I fired back at the guy. “How convenient.” I walked quickly to where he sat and stared down at him waiting for an answer.

Don’t get mad at me because you can’t accept the fact you encountered your double.”

And of course you had nothing to do with it, right? You magically appear where I last saw him? Give me a break. How would you know about his appearance if you didn’t set this whole thing up somehow?”

You can find more teasers at his Website.

Author Bio
Doug Dillon has been writing for adults and young people since 1984, especially in the paranormal realm. An award winning educator, he spent many years as a classroom teacher, school administrator, and coordinator of programs for high-risk students.
Prentice Hall, Harcourt, Mitchell Lane Publishers, Boys' Life magazine, Learning Magazine and The Orlando Sentinel have all published his work.

Contact Info:
Website
Twitter
Goodreads
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment