Sunday, August 18, 2013

Wethering The Storm (The Storm #2) by Samantha Towle

 
Music journalist Tru Bennett has done the impossible: capture the heart of rock-star bad boy Jake Wethers. Now they’re busy planning a wedding and navigating their new life together in the US. Of course Tru misses London and her best friend, Simone, but living happily ever after with Jake in LA is going to be great…right?

Wrong. Even the bright California sun can’t whitewash the dark side of celebrity coupledom. Greedy music execs, merciless paparazzi, and Jake’s wild past are lurking around every corner. Making matters worse, Jake announces he doesn’t want kids, which just may be a deal breaker.

Tru loves Jake more than anything. But when a devastating crisis threatens to destroy everything they’ve fought for, the couple must face the hard truth: What if, this time, love is not enough?


 
The Mighty Storm
 
Wethering The Storm
 
Untitled (The Storm #3)
Tom and Lyla's Story

Review:
OMG!! Samantha Towle I think you are trying to kill me, lol. This is by far the most emotional read of the year for me. Seriously, this was the ugliest cry I've ever had over a book since I read How To Kill A Rock Star. I was captivated from the very beginning, sucked in like a moth to a flame.

 
Okay ladies.... are you ready? It's Jake Wethers....JAKE FREAKING WETHERS!! If you thought you loved him in The Mighty Storm you haven't read anything yet. I want my own Jake, the way he woo's Tru will have you melting all over your kindle. I really wish I would've re-read The Mighty Storm before starting this so I could've had all that emotion fresh when I started this book, but it's not necessary. Once you start reading it sucks you right back into the story like there was never a gap between the two books. Wethering The Storm picks up right where TMS left off. It's right after Jake's concert and they are away on vacation, just the two of them. WTS is all about Tru and Jake trying to make a life together, overcoming insecurities from past mistakes, jealousy, addictions and overcoming fears. Jake is committed to Tru 100% but will that be enough?


Throughout the first half of the book things went at a steady pace. Jake and Tru learning to live together and Tru learning to deal with Jake's rock star lifestyle and his past constantly being thrown in her face. There were a few ups and downs but nothing that rocked the boat, but the second half of the book not only rocked the boat, it sank the ship and almost took me down with it! Just thinking about it now makes my heart speed up with anxiety. Rest assure that by the end of the book things work out the way they should so don't freak out completely just yet. This is the end of Tru and Jake's Story and the third book in the Storm Series will be Tom and Lyla's story and I can't wait for more from the Amazing Samantha Towle.


No comments:

Post a Comment