Thursday, August 29, 2013

This Man Series by Jodi Ellen Malpas

 
This Man (Book One)
Young interior designer Ava O'Shea has no idea what awaits her at the Manor. A run-of-the-mill consultation with a stodgy country gent seems likely, but what Ava finds instead is Jesse Ward--a devastatingly handsome, utterly confident, pleasure-seeking playboy who knows no boundaries. Ava doesn't want to be attracted to this man, and yet she can't control the overwhelming desire that he stirs in her. She knows that her heart will never survive him and her instinct is telling her to run, but Jesse is not willing to let her go. He wants her and is determined to have her.

 
Review
Urrrgggg!!! <--- this was me throughout most of the book every time I read about something Jessie Ward did or said!! That man was so infuriating, demanding and a control freak to top ALL control freaks. To be completely honest he drove me insane and I couldn't stand him most of the time. I just wanted to punch him in the face and I would yell at my kindle for Ava to slap him or leave him alone. He was relentless!!! Even though I had a love/hate relationship with The Lord of the Manor, meaning I loved to hate him, because lets face it I loathed him most of the time. I just couldn't put it down, I was sucked into that book all dazed and confused as to why I was still reading this crazy wonderful story if I couldn't stand one of the main characters, it just didn't make any sense. I guess my main issue was his control freak ways. He chased Ava down, showed up every where she was just to make her agree to be his. You can tell he is hiding things from his past and will do anything to please Ava, but keep her on a short leash as well. By the end of the book I just had to have more, I couldn't stand it. I became addicted to Jesse Ward and like a crack whore I needed my fix. Thank God, I didn't have to wait for the next book and I dove in head first, staying up all hours of the night, sneaking around at work, ignoring my husband just to keep reading!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Beneath This Man (Book Two)
Jesse Ward drowned her with his intensity and blindsided her with his passion, but he kept her away from his dark secrets and broken soul. Leaving him was the only way Ava O'Shea could survive. She should have known that Jesse Ward is impossible to escape--and now he's back in her life, determined to remind her of the sensual pleasures they had shared. Ava is equally determined to get at the truth beneath this man's steely exterior. That means letting herself get close to the Lord of the Manor once more. And it's exactly where Jesse wants her--within touching distance...

 
Review
I was so proud of Ava for standing up to Jesse and leaving, but I was just as heart broken as she was too. How is it possible to love someone as much as you hate them. I'm still a little baffled by this. Jesse is determined to get Ava back and keep her this time. The more I read the more I fell in love Jesse, and I know I keep saying that but you just won't get it until you read it. There is no one and there never will be another Jesse Ward, no one even comes close. There is all kinds of drama, not only drama from Jesse himself but things start happening to Ava that no one can explain. Jodi Ellen Malpas can write one damn good sexy, steamy book, filled with some romance, suspense, and drama. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
This Man Confessed (Book Three)
The Manor, the very place where their passionate love affair began, fills with guests on what should be the happiest day of Ava and Jesse's lives. She has accepted that she'll never tame the fierceness in Jesse-and she doesn't want to. Their love is profound, their connection powerful, but just when she thinks that she's finally gotten beneath his guarded exterior, more questions arise, leading Ava to believe that Jesse Ward may not be the man she thinks he is. He knows too well how to take her to a place beyond ecstasy . . . but will he also drive her to the brink of despair? It's time for this man to confess.

 
Review
This is the book where Jesse Ward stole my heart! I was completely undone by him. It no longer mattered what had happened in the other books, all was forgiven, all was forgotten. Everything from Jesse's past comes to light in this book. Jesse Ward will forever hold a spot in my heart. He finally reveals why he acts the way he does and let me tell you, his story chipped away all the remaining ice chips around my heart. This book is more about Jesse dealing with his past, admitting things to Ava and FINALLY opening up to her. This is the book where they learn to grow as a couple as well as individually and Ava has a choice to make. Is Jesse's baggage too much this time, will it finally be her breaking point along with everything else she has had to endure from him. In this third and final book, Ava finally stands up for herself against Jesse's domineering ways, she pushes past his barriers and meets him head on and I can honestly say it was about time, I was beginning to wonder about her. This series completely blew me away. I've read about BDSM and all that kinky fuckery in Fifty Shades and I was tired of reading the same story over and over, everyone wanted a Fifty Shades type story and I was worried this was going to be the same, BUT I was WRONG!! Yes there is a rich man with control freak issues and a girl that makes him want to change his ways but that is where the similarities stop. This is nothing like that, it is in a class all it's on. Any book that can take you from despising the main character to falling in love with him all the while being captivated by the story so much that you can't put the book down and once you finish one book you jump right into the next, any book series like that gets a 5/5 stars from me and will make me a fan for life of the extremely talented Jodi Ellen Malpas.



1 comment:

  1. This book was really good! I loved Jesse. He was hot, passionate, secretive and dominating! All my favorites for an erotic book. Ava was the young, trusting and smitten conquest. Cannot hardly wait for the next book!!! Can't come soon enough!

    Cleo Rogers (Puyallup Plumbing)

    ReplyDelete