Monday, May 27, 2013

Facade by Nyrae Dawn

Can love save them? After her father commits a crime that shatters her family, eighteen-year-old Delaney Cross is tired of pretending everything is alright. Packing up her car, she sets out to find the people her father hurt. Her search leads her to places she's never been--and into the arms of Adrian Westfall.

To the outside world, Adrian is a sexy, charming ladies man. But his playboy persona is just an act. Secretly his soul is tortured by a memory too painful to share. Only Delaney seems to see through his façade to the real man underneath. And for the first time in his life, Adrian feels he can begin to open up about his past.

Together, Adrian and Delaney share a passionate, carefree love they never expected to find. Yet both still harbor their own secrets. When the dark truth is finally revealed, will it bring them closer together, or tear them apart forever?


Release Date: July 2, 2013
Pre-Order Façade on Amazon and add it to you TBR list on Goodreads.

Review:
I love everything Nyrae Dawn! I've read everything she's written and this is by far my favorite! I knew when I read Charade that I was going to LOVE Adrian. I new he had a story to tell but I had no idea that his story was going to be so heart breaking. I cried, I mean, I really cried. That rip your heart out stomp it in the ground ugly cry. Don't worry, she put it back together for me, but my heart was still sad. Some things you just can't get over, some things just stick with you. With all that being said, I absolutely LOVED Facade. I devoured it in hours and couldn't put it down. I love that Nyrae writes from both characters POV, so that you can get inside both their heads. She writes the male POV like nobody else. There are so many emotions going on in this book, romance, heartache, heartbreak, sorrow, love, guilt, anger and the list goes on and on.


Delaney is such an optimist, she believes in the good in everyone and tries her best to fix everything for everybody, even if that means she gets hurt in the process. She has to makes things right between everyone that her father hurt, between her family and she needs to find peace in herself. She meets Adrian and sees beyond the walls he puts up and the façade he lets everyone see. She sees him for who he really is and Adrian can't resist this girl, the girl that gets him and takes away the thoughts of the past. They both have pasts that intertwine, pasts that they may not be able to overcome. Their love is tested by the truth and it's up to them to make it out together.

The Game Series
Charade: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Goodreads.
Façade: Amazon and Goodreads
Masquerade: Add it to your TBR list on Goodreads. (Expected Release January 2014)
 

1 comment:

  1. I have Charade, but I haven't read it yet. FAIL. I have been THE WORST reader lately. Someone slap me.

    ReplyDelete